The Introductory Paragraph
- A lot of students ask us how to write a good essay. The first piece of advice that essay-mania.com offers is to make sure you understand the main aim of writing an essay, which is to present your opinion in a clear manner. Is the primary idea in your essay traceable?
- Many students also ask us, “How long does it take to write an essay?” The answer mostly depends on how much effort you want to put into the task. Is the hook or the facts you have included in your introductory paragraph interesting? Will they make your readers want to read your essay to the very end?
- The next piece of advice in this essay checklist concerns the thesis statement, which should be placed at the end of the introductory paragraph. Is this statement sufficiently specific and concise?
The Paragraphs for the Main Body
- An important tip on our essay revision checklist relates to writing the body paragraphs. We remind you that each new paragraph should begin with a topic sentence. Essay writing requires you to make logical links throughout your paper.
- Have you included enough evidence to support your thesis statement and any claims you make? For instance, you can use relevant and clearly explained facts, statistical information, quotes and so on as evidence.
- Are you adhering to a carefully developed essay writing checklist or writing plan for organizing your thoughts and ideas? For example, you may present your ideas according to their importance or in chronological order, cause/effect order, thought progression order, and so on.
- Have you followed the correct essay structure and used proper transitions throughout your essay? These make it easier for the reader to navigate a piece of written work.
The Conclusion and Checking General Requirement
- Another important tip on how to structure an essay concerns the conclusion. This paragraph should reiterate the thesis statement outlined in the opening paragraph. Have you reworded your central ideas or have you just copied and pasted from the introduction?
- Have you summarized all the main points or ideas from the body paragraphs?
- Although this tip especially concerns persuasive essay structure, it is about hooks and applies to all essays. Have you provided an interesting hook to attract reader attention? Feel free to ask essay-mania.com for further assistance if you have any difficulty with this.
- Have any ideas been repeated?
- Have you used formal academic language and the right voice throughout?
- Should you find writing or the structure of essay writing difficult to understand, feel free to look online for sample texts or ask essay-mania.com for assistance!
- Have you done your best to avoid plagiarism by properly citing all quotations within your text?
- Finally, have you revised and proofread your written work?