There is a widely-spread opinion that everybody wants to travel and visit new places, however, not everyone can afford it. In our society, we consider traveling to be an expensive entertainment. Today, we are going to prove that this is not true. Let’s learn how to budget your money and travel cheap.
Money saving tips
- Take your ISIC card for international travels. Your ISIC card will give you an opportunity to enjoy the benefits of various student discounts in 130 countries. These discounts include sightseeing sites entries, restaurant menus, and flights.
- Book hotel rooms wisely. When you travel on a budget, housing is one of the things you can cut your expenses on. You do not have to spend money on luxury hotels if you do not plan to stay there during the whole vacation.
- Book flights in advance. It is reasonable to book flight in advance and check for availability of discounts beforehand. Remember that seats become more expensive when the flight time approaches.
- Check for discounts. You are lucky to be a student because this category of people usually gets a lot of discounts when traveling. Whatever your destination is, you should always search for sites that offer student discounts.
- Eat at home. Visiting restaurants every time you are hungry is expensive. Find a supermarket that is situated out of the tourist area, buy food, and prepare meals on your own. If your housing does not allow you to cook, you will always be able to at least make sandwiches.
Now you are aware of the fact that traveling is not expensive if you plan your trip wisely. Use our pieces of advice and you will certainly enjoy your journey without going on spending spree.